Thursday, January 07, 2010

New Year's Goals

Well, here we are into the New Year. Can you believe it? I have some goals for myself this coming year. Thought I would share a few with you.

- I’m working on becoming a morning person. Notice the time stamp on this blog? I usually stay up late and sleep in, but I’m working on changing that for 2010. The past couple of weeks I’ve been getting up at 6:30am. It has been nice to get up before everyone else (including the kids) and have some quiet time.

- Read the Bible through in a year using the NRSV translation. I’m off to a really good start on this and have a bit of a reading pattern down. I’m not following any year plan or anything, just reading five to six chapters a night. I’ve been using the NRSV lately and have come to like it.

- Continue exercising and eating right. Not that I was doing a good job at this before, but I did start working out last summer and have been able to continue that (November and December were bad months. Too much food and candy!). I’m actually going to be starting a 90 day challenge with our youth pastor this next week that will help me with the eating right. We want to see how good of shape we can get in by April.

There are a few of my goals for 2010. How about you, have any you care to share?

No comments: