“God’s Word is food for the mind.” - Cyril of Alexandria
Take a moment and feast upon the following meals:
Try reading these passages very slowly and in several different translations (you can find these online).
- What type of behavior does God expect from children?
- What type of behavior does God expect from parents?
- What does it mean to honor your father and mother?
- How did Jesus bring honor to His Father?
- What do these passages teach us about the family?
- What do you find challenging about honoring your father or mother?
- What are some creative ways one could show his or her parents honor?
- What have you done in the past to bring honor to your parents?