Take a moment and feast upon Luke 5:27-32. Try reading it several times and maybe even in a different translation. Try and memorize the story, not the actual verses, but the story being told. This is a very easy story to learn.
- What would have happened if Jesus shared meals with people just like Him?
- What would have happened if Jesus only socialized with people just like Himself?
- What does this story teach us about life amongst others?
- “The exclusion of the weak and insignificant, the seemingly useless people, from a Christians community may actually mean the exclusion of Christ.”
Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Life Together, pg. 38.
- What does this statement say to you?
- What do you find challenging about this statement?
- How does this related to the story in Luke 5?
- How can this truth change the way you think, act, and live? Can it?