Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sloth

Well, I've been slothful in my blogging the last couple of weeks. Sorry to the 5 of you who read this weekly. Here's what I've been up to:

- Writing a devotional that starts on Easter Sunday and ends on Pentecost. It's called the Great 50 Days. Don't hope to find it in any bookstores, it's just for our church. It has been a great learning process and a lot of fun. The most time consuming part of it has been the page layout and organization. Too bad I can't just type the thing and send it off to an editor and have them organize it.

- There's some other discipleship things I'm putting together for something our church will be doing down the road. Exciting stuff!

- I just bought Rob Bell's new book Love Wins. Reading it now. I've had several ask me about it and I feel I cannot honestly say much without reading it. So, I ordered it and have begun reading and hope to post on it in the next couple of weeks or so.

- Preaching. Several opportunities have come up recently giving me a chance to preach. As an associate pastor I do not get to do this too often, so I'm really enjoying it.

Well, just an excuse, or update on my slothful blogging habits. Be back next week!

4 comments:

Jay said...

Hey Tim,

Count me among the silent millions that are reading your blog. Unfortunately, I never have anything intelligent to say.

A week or so ago, Good Morning America (or one of those morning shows) did a short segment on Rob Bell. They were implying that he doesn't believe in hell. However, they did not show any evidence of him actually saying that. I'm guessing maybe they took some things out of context. Maybe not. I will look forward to hearing your thoughts on his book! Take care!

Tim Sheets said...

Jay, great to have you as a reader.

Yeah, there's been a lot of hype generated over this book in the past couple of weeks and a lot of reviews and comments by individuals who have not even read the book yet. So, I want to see what all the fuss is about.

have a great day!

T <><

Jay said...

You mean you are actually going to READ the book before you make comments? That is just weird...haha.

Shell*Belle said...

I hope you counted me in on the 5. :)