Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Couple of Bible Studies I've Written

I’ve been working on a MA degree in discipleship the past three and half years. I’m very close to being done. The degree has focused on how leaders of a church can help assist their church grow in their walk with the Lord through various activities and teaching. We’ve spent a lot of time on curriculum design and how to gear curriculum to making disciples. Some of the fruit from this labor I now humbly lay before you.

Over the past couple of years I have written a couple of Bible studies (I turned these in as projects for a class) that pull from some of the various things I’ve been learning in class on how to teach in a way to make disciples. I wanted to put my best foot forward when I was turning these projects in so I had them bound in book format.

The first one I wrote was on the book of James. It’s called Walking James. Both are available for purchase at LuLu (just click on a link). It was an incredible learning experience for me to have to write a study on a particular book of the Bible. I really enjoyed doing it.
After James I moved to Luke’s Gospel, and to keep the series going, I named it Walking Luke. They can be used by individuals but I designed them to be used in small groups. The James study is 15 weeks and Luke is 9 weeks. I had a former teen (Dion D) design the covers of these. He did an awesome job. I also had a brother-in-law help with the interior layout. So, if you are really bored and have a lot of time on your hands here is something for you.

No comments: