Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Top 10 Things I'm Thankful For

Turkey day is almost here. Thought I would release this week’s Thursday Thinking a day early. I’ll be spending tomorrow with family eating and watching football. So, here are some of the things I want to express thanks for.

My Top 10 things I’m thankful for

1. That I live in one of the greatest countries in the world. Come on, despite the changes and crazy stuff happening, you have to admit we live in an awesome country!

2. Jesus Christ, the Father, and the Spirit and all they have done and continue to do on my behalf. The Trinity is sweet!

3. My wife who makes me a better person. So much of who I have become is because of her and I’m very thankful for that (this line should get me some brownie points! Ha!). She’s also in love with Jesus and that’s hot!

4. 2 beautiful daughters. Kids are awesome. It was fun being one, but I think it’s more fun raising one (it’s also tough). Now you get to laugh at all the silly things they do and tell all your family about it and hear, “You used to do that too!”

5. God’s Word because it reveals to us Jesus and teaches us everything we need to know about Him and the kingdom of heaven. You gotta love the Bible!

6. All my family (in-laws and out-laws). They really exemplify Christ-like love in all they do and say. We all get along very well and enjoy hanging out with one another. How many people can say that about all of their family?

7. Great friends. I have so many wonderful friends. Funny thing is I don’t deserve such great friends because I have really failed at friendship (Would I really want to become friends with me?). I love meeting and hanging out with them. I have friends that belong to Christ and some who don’t. I learn from both.

8. Cooler weather. I enjoy autumn and winter. I’m not a big fan of warm weather, so this is my favorite time of year. There’s even a song that supports my view and sings, “It’s the most wonderful time of the year!”

9. Christmas lights. They’re pretty and my daughter gets excited whenever she sees them. All the new LED lights can be spotted a mile away and they draw you in like a bug zapper. Awesome lights!

10. Vehicles. It’s so great to be able to drive around to work, home, bookstore, etc. We usually are only thankful for our vehicles after they break down and we get them fixed. Before that happens to me again, I want to say I’m thankful for it while it’s still running. Could you imagine doing all we do today on horseback or in buggies?

No comments: